Thursday 5 July 2012

Letterboxd


Recently I have started using the service Letterboxd – a simple way to maintain a film-diary and keep track of the dubious viewing pleasures of friends. A list of my recent film digest is here.

Regrettably the film data is supplied by this site http://www.themoviedb.org/. They are not as comprehensive as IMDB and lately I have experienced that the film I wanted to submit weren’t listed.

The more obscure example is Zoom In: Sex Apartments /Zûmu in: Bôkô danchi (Naosuke Kurosawa - 1980). Once again its Japanese art-house bondage, but this is one of the more disturbing and interesting in its category. 

The other recent viewing that didn’t existed in the database is While I Live aka. The Dream of Olwen (John Harlow - 1947). An intriguing drama concerning identity and lass with an original storyline.  

The shortcomings of TheMovieDB are irritating, but otherwise it’s great fun.

Visit Letterboxd.com

1 comment:

  1. Yep, Letterboxd is nice, but it's a bit frustrating with all the films which are missing. They have 85 Jess Franco-films listed, and imdb says he's directed 194! I already saw a couple that wasn't listed. I also find that a lot of avant-garde experimental stuff is missing. I wish they based the database on imdb instead. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete